The picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg is organized by users of Wikipedia in several language editions. The purpose of Wikipedia is to create in every language a free internet encyclopedia. This particular contest has as purpose to make the cultural heritage visible for the public and to enrich the articles of Wikipedia with pictures.
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30, 2011.
- Photos have to be self uploaded, during the period of the contest;
- Photos should be published under free license, preferably CC-BY-SA 3.0.
- The photographed monuments have to belong to the public domain, that is when their author (architect, sculptor, creator of stained glasses) has died more than 70 years ago.
- With uploading a photo the number of the monument that is shown on the photo must be specified (not for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg);
- You must register a valid e-mail address in your account on Wikimedia Commons.
- Decisions of the jury are final and cannot be contested in any case.
The unique number of a monument can be found in the .
- Dirk Van Esbroeck
- Dirk is an user on Wikipedia. He's for 30 years an amateur photographer, and member of the " " (Alliance for Responsible Nature Photography) and " " in Wachtebeke.
- Tijl Vereenooghe
- Tijl is the manager of . Just as the picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments collects this website pictures of the Flemish cultural heritage.
- Michiel Hendryckx
- is a news photographer and Flemish television personality. He made television programs "De bende van Wim" and "Het Bourgondisch complot".
- Luc Viatour
- Hans Denis
- Hans is a photographer linked to the Flemish government. He has years of experience in photographing monuments.
From all pictures the best fifteen pictures will be selected.
- First prize: a Tablet (iPad 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1) or a voucher with a value of 450 euro
- Second prize: a voucher with a value of 200 euro
- Third prize: a voucher with a value of 100 euro
- Fourth to fifth prize: a voucher with a value of 50 euro
- Sixth to fifteenth prize: a book package
Besides these prizes, the makers of fifteen best pictures will be send a Wiki Loves Monuments T-shirt with a print of their best photo and a certificate from the jury.
We want to thank our partners and sponsors for making the prizes possible. See for an overview the page:.
With each prize there will be a choice in a voucher of Media Markt, Fnac or Coolblue (webshop)