Difference between revisions of "Organisation"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30,
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30, .
== Rules ==
== Rules ==
Revision as of 05:18, 11 July 2014
The picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg is organized by users of Wikipedia in several language editions. The purpose of Wikipedia is to create in every language a free internet encyclopedia. This particular contest has as purpose to make the cultural heritage visible for the public and to enrich the articles of Wikipedia with pictures.
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30, 2016.
- Photos have to be self uploaded, during the period of the contest;
- Photos should be published under free license, preferably CC-BY-SA 3.0;
- Pictures should be uploaded in a reasonably high quality;
- The photographed monuments have to belong to the public domain, that is when their author (architect, sculptor, creator of stained glasses) has died more than 70 years ago;
- With uploading a photo the number of the monument that is shown on the photo must be specified (not for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg);
- You must register a valid e-mail address in your account on Wikimedia Commons;
- Decisions of the jury are final and cannot be contested in any case.
The unique number of a monument can be found in the .
Last two years, the following people were part of the jury:
- Michiel Hendryckx, professional photographer for "De Standaard",
- Luc Viatour, one of the most active quality photographer on Wikipedia, with almost 700 "featured images"
- Maarten Jacobs, works with HERITA vzw
- Marc Ryckaert, former head of the heritage department (province of West-Flanders)
From all pictures the best fifteen pictures will be selected.
The best five images get a voucer for Media Markt or Fnac. The winner gets a voucher of 250 euro, the second and third place a voucher for 100 euro. Number four and five get a voucher of 50 euro.
The winner of the public award wil get a voucher of 50 euro as well.
Besides these prizes, the makers of fifteen best pictures will be send a Wiki Loves Monuments T-shirt with a print of their best photo and a certificate from the jury.
We want to thank our partners and sponsors for making the prizes possible. See for an overview the page:.