The picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg is organized by users of Wikipedia in several language editions. The purpose of Wikipedia is to create in every language a free internet encyclopedia. This particular contest has as purpose to make the cultural heritage visible for the public and to enrich the articles of Wikipedia with pictures.
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30, 2012.
- Photos have to be self uploaded, during the period of the contest;
- Photos should be published under free license, preferably CC-BY-SA 3.0.
- The photographed monuments have to belong to the public domain, that is when their author (architect, sculptor, creator of stained glasses) has died more than 70 years ago.
- With uploading a photo the number of the monument that is shown on the photo must be specified (not for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg);
- You must register a valid e-mail address in your account on Wikimedia Commons.
- Decisions of the jury are final and cannot be contested in any case.
The unique number of a monument can be found in the .
More information coming soon
From all pictures the best fifteen pictures will be selected.
Prizes coming soon
Besides these prizes, the makers of fifteen best pictures will be send a Wiki Loves Monuments T-shirt with a print of their best photo and a certificate from the jury.