The picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg is organized by users of Wikipedia in several language editions. The purpose of Wikipedia is to create in every language a free internet encyclopedia. This particular contest has as purpose to make the cultural heritage visible for the public and to enrich the articles of Wikipedia with pictures.
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30, 2016.
- Photos have to be self uploaded, during the period of the contest;
- Photos should be published under free license, preferably CC-BY-SA 3.0;
- Pictures should be uploaded in a reasonably high quality;
- With uploading a photo the number of the monument that is shown on the photo must be specified (not for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg);
- You must register a valid e-mail address in your account on Wikimedia Commons;
- Decisions of the jury are final and cannot be contested in any case.
The unique number of a monument can be found in the .
The following people are part of the jury of 2015:
- Jean-Luc Elias, photographer at the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage
- Olivier Goletti, Creative Commons Belgium
- Michiel Hendryckx, professional photographer
- Pieter-Jan Pauwels, Community Coördinator at Open Knowledge Belgium
From all pictures the best fifteen pictures will be selected.
- More information will follow
We want to thank our partners and sponsors for making the prizes possible. See for an overview the page:.