The picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg is organized by users of Wikipedia in several language editions. The purpose of Wikipedia is to create in every language a free internet encyclopedia. This particular contest has as purpose to make the cultural heritage visible for the public and to enrich the articles of Wikipedia with pictures.
The picture context Wiki Loves Monuments runs from September 1 until September 30, 2011.
- Photos have to be self uploaded, during the period of the contest;
- Photos should be published under free license, preferably CC-BY-SA 3.0.
- With uploading a photo the number of the monument that is shown on the photo must be specified;
- Decisions of the jury are final and cannot be contested in any case.
The unique number of a monument can be found in the .
- Dirk Van Esbroeck
- Dirk is an user on Wikipedia. He's for 30 years an amateur photographer, and member of the " " (Alliance for Responsible Nature Photography) and " " in Wachtebeke.
- Tijl Vereenooghe
- Tijl is the manager of . Just as the picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments collects this website pictures of the Flemish cultural heritage.
- Michiel Hendryckx
- is a news photographer and Flemish television personality. He made television programs "De bende van Wim" and "Het Bourgondisch complot".
- Luc Viatour
From all pictures the best fifteen pictures will be selected.
- First price: a Tablet (iPad 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1) or a voucher with a value of 450 euro
- Second price: a voucher with a value of 200 euro
- Third to fifth price: a voucher with a value of 100 euro
- Sixth to eighth price: a voucher with a value of 50 euro
- Ninth to fifteenth price: a book package provided by VIOE
Besides these prices, the makers of fifteen best pictures will be send a T-shirt with a print of their best photo and a certificate from the jury.
We want to thank our partners and sponsors for making the prices possible. See for an overview the page:.
Which easy price there will be a choice in a voucher of Mediamarkt, Fnac or Coolblue (webshop)